Friday 28 December 2007

Holiday Greetings


Hi. I hope everyone out there in Internet land had a great Christmas break. Enjoyable and relaxing I hope.
I went to see Enchanted a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. I was worried that it would be Disney doing a Shrek on itself, but you didn't get that feeling at all. The animation, especially the hand-drawn, was stunning, the songs were great and you left with a big smile.

Telly on Christmas day here wasn't so great. Not to spoil it for any American Doctor Who fans out there, but the Christmas special wasn't terrific. I got a couple of really cool books for Christmas though. The new Nicktoons and Pixar book are really terrific, full of information and pictures. I got a character designing book by Tom Bancroft which is really useful (http://tombancroft.blogspot.com/, also visit http://www.chrissandersart.com/www/blog.php) and purchase the book "Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators". This is really handy and I am trying to go through it from start to finish to improve my drawing like Chris Bailey suggested. Here's some early work below.



I also worked on a storyboard. I liked the way it and the character's turned out. I think I might re-do it again and increase the Charlie Brown quality of the character. Basically, they're hungry, pass a turkey in a shop, only costs a pound, excited, don't have enough money, depressed, little guy notices help wanted sign in shop window. It's supposed to be quite simple and quiet.



Well, there is only one week left till Ravensbourne starts again, and I will probably just practice some more before I go back.

Bye!

No comments: