Sunday 23 September 2018

Daryl Rhys Taylor Animation Mentor Progress Reel Term 3 again



This is my progress reel for Animation Mentor for the second time I attempted the third term. I failed the term again. This has made me rethink my goals.
To be honest I always wanted to be a hand drawn animator (like Eric Goldberg) becuase I love to see my drawings move. However that was taken away, through no fault of my own. For a while I decided to split my focus down a character design path and a computer animation path. Unfortunately, it has come to a point where not only that split in focus has become detrimental to maintain, but the skills to do one are proving to be directly contradictory to the other.
I thought for a while that I should focus on computer animation and finish animation mentor, but it is becoming too difficult to ignore my natural drawing inclinations. It has also come to the point when I have to wonder do I even like using the computer.
So I am going to pump the brakes and reassess. I would like to thank my mentors Elliott Robert, Mike Gassaway and David Tart for their guidance and critique and the helpful staff at Animation Mentor. I'm sorry I couldn't be better. And to my fellow students, I wish you best of luck.

No comments: